Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day One

So obviously if i haven't said this already although I will be keeping track, I must post what happens the day after. I hope to have the time to do this in in morning but I make no promises of when things get posted due to being a full time accountant in tax season and a full time social work student with a part time internship. Yes can we say crazy life? Yes we can. I also realized that although I said I'd weigh in on Thursday, I realized that I will not have my scale from my mother's house till Thursday night. I have changed my weigh in day to Friday, this way I can do it this week. So with that I bring you....

February 27, 2012
First day after my cross road. This is a Monday. I go to school at Stony Brook University from 8:30am to about 6:30 pm. from school I go straight to my internship and I stayed there until 11:30pm. Not the best schedule for healthy eating.

My morning
I basically get my tired ass out of bed at 7, get dressed and run out the door. On my way to school I stop at a bagel shop and get two eggs scrambled with cheese and a 20oz. cup of coffee with sugar and vanilla creamer. I know not the best but I can't give up everything in one shot. I sit in class, get my paper done and typed yesterday's blog. realize that I can do the school's wellness walk in between classes but also realize that I'm lacking the key for my lock, and don't want to lug around my laptop while do it. I made a mental note of putting key on my car key ring and take the long way everywhere.

My Afternoon.
My first class, hell all my classes are 3 hours long. So I went the the little eatery that is in the HSC and pick up the worst salad ever. I was also a bit naughty and got a cherry Pepsi but I can be naughty every once in a while. Needless to say I basically ignored the salad and went up to the Hospital cafeteria after class. I chose to get Penne Al A Vodka. It is my weakness and honestly, all pasta is. And I also was told by a dietitian that when eating carbs having a protein like cheese helps it to break down better.... so I got mozzarella sticks too. Probably not the best of choices but it is only day one and I am going to make wrong choices and that my dear readers is life and I refuse to hate myself for it.

My evening.
I had an admission thrown in my lap when I got to my internship. I had no time to get something to eat in between my class and the internship (Outreah House II, a teen residential drug rehab place). I didn't get a chance to eat anything and I was starving. by the time I got home the food store was closed. I went to 7-11 hoping to find a salad and failed. I got some chunky chicken noodle instead and ate my dinner after midnight. I didn't go to bed until 1am. Neither very good for health but it is what it is. I must be focused and I must be Zen.

I hoped to have a picture here but forgot to take it... maybe they will exist in the future but for no its a no.

what to eat for dinner tomorrow?
Italian Herb Chicken
This is actually a recipe of my own design

1/3 cup flour (whole wheat is best)
1 lb of skinless bonless chichkn breast
1/2 tsp of each:
Basil
oregano
marjoram
rosemary
parsley
thyme
(anything else I feel like throwing in)
2 cups Italian dressing ( I like to use Kraft's zesty Italian but any will do)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. in a bag mix together flour and herbs.

Place chicken breast one at a time in bag and shake to cover chicken.

Place chicken in a 9 X 12 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes

flip chicken, continue to bake for 10 minutes

Poor Italian dressing on top and smother the chicken in it, continue to bake for 20 minutes.

It's good served with anything.  Try it and Enjoy.

Now for another inspirational song that I think is helpful when I stop crying.
Disclaimer: this makes me in no way a fan of this artist. I must say this cause I have a rep you know.
also I changed the words a bit to make it a mantra for myself
Beautiful preformed by Christina Aguilera
Don't look at me

Every day is so wonderful
and suddenly it's hard to breathe
now and then I get insecure
from all the pain, feel so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what I say
words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
My words can't bring me down
so I won't bring me down today

To all my friends I'm delirious
so consumed in all my doom
trying hard to fill the emptiness, my peace is gone
left the puzzle undone, ain't that the way it is?

'Casue I am beautiful no matter what I say
words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
My words can't bring me down
so I won't bring me down today

No matter what I do
No matter what I say
I'm the song that's outta tune
full of beautiful mistakes

And everywhere I go
the sun will always shine
but tomorrow I might awake on the other side

'Cause, I am beautiful no matter what I say
My words can't bring me down, Oh no
I am beautiful in every single way
My words can't bring me down
so I won't bring me down today

I won't bring me down today
again from http://www.metrolyrics.com/beautiful-lyrics-christina-aguilera.html

No comments:

Post a Comment