Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day Two

So it's day two.  I'm gonna be good. I'm gonna be real good today, you will see.

February 28, 2012
 My morning.: I made Tea, I love to drink my Tea with lemon and a bit of sugar. Tea is better than coffee I put a lot of sugar in my coffee. Tea I use at least half of what i do in coffee. tea is a good choice. I prefer Twinning s English breakfast Tea it is nummy.  Nummy meas it's yummy in my tummy. I had a bowl of honey nut Cheerios. I deiced to use the Alli pills that I purchased months ago as a added helper. but I'm concerned that it will interfere with my Lyrica so I wait an hour to take my medication I think that will prevent any medication interaction. 

My afternoon, after my rant: So my plan was to get to work, work and then go to the gym.  When I got to work, the Per Diem person was once again at my desk.  I made a comment that it's my desk and I need to be at my desk, but she needed to use a computer so it didn't matter what I needed. Every Tuesday I come in to find her at me desk, with my stuff moved to wherever. She leaves things on my desk to which I get bitched at for. The boss does this so he can (I'm my impression) look at his emails. He has a laptop that he can use for that. I get her being there on Mondays that's fine, I'm not here on Mondays. Anyway so I'm sitting there for a good two hours waiting to get to my desk I gave up. I looked at him and said, I'm done sitting and doing nothing. I'm going to the gym call me when I can actually work. So I left and went to Wal-mart for some stuff and then the Gym. I get on a tread mill and discover I can't go faster than 2 mph. But, I will walk a mile. I found that it was not raiding my heart rate high enough so I increased my incline up to 1.5. Then I was satisfied. I walked .92 and then my legs gave up.  So I have a goal at the gym walk a mile.  After the gym I went food shopping. but it was a little on the late side and I was hungry.  so I went to the new frozen yogurt place and got 4 oz. of dulche de leche frozen yogurt with some white chocolate chips. It was only 4 oz. And I don't thing it was being naughty considering that there is a candy isle in the food store.  At the food store i bought a salad for lunch because it was a bit late. When I got home I up packed everything and ate my salad. I have been proud of my progress today.

My evening: My husband and his mother go out to dinner on Tuesdays to allow me a bit of me time. I made the Italian Herb Chicken and used thighs instead of breast cause the store was all out. to my horror it was not skinless or boneless. I didn't know what to do. Nick saved me and took care of all the bones and all the skin.  I will NEVER buy that again.  even worse I bought one of the big packs so I could grill some for Nick to take to lunch. After dinner, I sat and had a conversation with Nick.  I had stopped taking a medication that was to help with the PTSD. I have been toying with going back on it since Monday. I asked Nick what he thought.  Although in the end the decision is mine, Nick did help me to see that I was much happier on the Anti-depressant then off and maybe it would help me.

song, then tomorrow dinner

Be Okay preformed by Ingrid Michaelson
I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today
I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today

I just want to feel today, feel today feel today
I just want to feel something today 
I just want to feel today, feel today feel today
I just want to feel something today 

Open me up and you will see
I'm a gallery of broken hearts
I'm beyond repair, let me be
And give me back my broken parts 


I just want to know today, know today, know today
I just want to know something today
I just want to know today, know today, know today
Know that maybe i will be ok

 Open me up and you will see
I'm a gallery of broken hearts
I'm beyond repair, let me be
And give me back my broken parts 

Just give me back my pieces
Just give them back to me please 
Just give me back my pieces
And let me hold my broken parts


I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today
I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today
 
I just want to feel today, feel today feel today
I just want to feel something today 
I just want to know today, know today, know today
Know that maybe I will be ok
Know that maybe I will be ok
Know that maybe I will be ok

Whats for dinner tomorrow?
Chicken Piccata from home and gardens eat well lose weight special interest, on stands now until March 26
2  8-oz skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in half horizontally
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, Minced ( I used a half tbsp of pre-minced garlic in oil)
1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth ( I used a bit more)
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
2  tbsp capers (find them near the olives if you are like me and have no clue what they are.)
1 tbsp snipped fresh parsley (optional i nixed it)

1) Place each chicken breast portion between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/4 inch thick. Remove plasitic wrap. Sprinkle chichken with salt and pepper.

2) In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat. Add the Chicken; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and no longer Ping in center, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.

3) Add garlic to the hot skillet; cook for 30 seconds to one minute or until lightly browned.  Add chicken broth to skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a boil. Add lemon slices and capes. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lemon slices are softened and releasing their juice. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.

4) To server, spoon caper mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Makes 4 serving (1 Chicken portion and 3 tablespoons Caper mixture each).
Per serving: 161 Cal., 4 g total Fat (2 g sat.fat), 73 mg chol., 440 mg sodium, 4g carb., 2g fiber, 27g pro.

(don't ask me what Pro is I don't know)

When nutritional values are available I will supply them.

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment