Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day three

February 29,    2012
My morning:  basically the exact same as yesterday, as far as food goes. So no need to repeat it.

Nick didn't want me to go to work, but that is every Wednesday. I was going to have lunch with Ally but she wasn't feeling well. We are thinking of having lunch tomorrow instead.

I went to the mall to purchas new sneakers cause my old ones made my feet hurt. Walked around and got a pair of Nikes they are the most flexible light weight soft shoes ever.It's like I am not wearing shoes at all. But before I got to the store I had to past auntie anne's and it smelled so good. I just gravitated to the line. But I stopped myself. I asked a simple question, am I hungry? No, I wasn't,I left the line. I'd like to call this my gold moment.

I will not badger myself for a negative choice but I will praise the positive ones.

My afternoon: I went to Dunkin and got a thing of brown sugar oatmeal and a cup of tea. Tea is good in this rainy weather. But they had a bright green frosted donut and I bought it.and I'm not gonna lie, I ate it.I did it it's done over.

The gym:  I got there at like 530 and I sent Nick a blip saying that I was going to change and I would meet him upstairs in the front.long story short, he didn't get the message and was sitting in the parking lot waiting for me as I was waiting for him. Lorien canceled on us cause she too is sick. My pour dear friends,I wish them well.  I walked on the treadmill again. This time I set it on random level 1 again 2 mph and I got up to .92 and was easy to give up,I too was not feeling so hot. So I said to myself I can do it, come on just a bit more, and would you know that worked and I finished. I hit my mile, now I need a new goal. I think I will try again on level 2. Or maybe I should first do the mike without having to push myself. Anyone want to put in there two cents feel freed to comment

But as I was walking I started to notice something, now I know I go to planet fitness, we are not supposed to judge; I'm a social worker, I'm not supposed to judge; I just could not help but notice all the skinny under 30 year old chicks walking around, or on the equipment with these tinny little itty bitty short shorts. These shorts are so short that I'd be more surprised to not catch a peek at a butt check or two! now to be honest I slightly admire them. If you have the body and more importantly the confidence to walk around wearing those shorts, more power to ya, but, at the same time I look at them and I realized that it intimidates me. I feel like I could never look like that.and that thought would probably make me cry if it wasn't for the
Cymbalta they I went back on.

My dinner: we left the gym kinda late and I needed to go the food store. I bought things to make a salad with because we were both very hungry and Nick was talking about munching on some bread, that's is the wised thing he could do.  So I made the salad which Nick ate while I made dinner. The chicken piccata was so good. I recommend it to everyone.

What's for dinner tomorrow?
Take out because I go to my mothers so I will be getting grilled chicken parm with no pasta.

No song today sorry

1 comment:

  1. You are so honest! Love that!

    When I first started going to the gym I was intimidated by every. single. thing. Even the people who swipe your card at the front desk, let alone the girls in booty shorts. I was afraid to get a drink of water from the fountain, for Pete's sake! But it turns out the fitness crowd is a whole lot more welcoming and non-judgemental than I would have thought, based on my perception of athletic kids from high school. Basically everybody at the gym is routing for everybody else at the gym, that we're all getting out there and doing it. Obviously everybody is on their own journey, but you're still on a line of treadmills all right next to each other and there is definitely a silent camaraderie. Think of every time you admire someone else for their hard work, their discipline, the results they are getting, or the guts it took to get out there. I can guarantee that there are people admiring you.

    ReplyDelete