Monday, March 5, 2012

Day Six

March 3, 2012

I talked a lot about BMI yesterday but I didn't bother to tell you what it is.  BMI stands for Body Mass Index. a BMI is a number calculated from a person's weight and height. BMI is a fairly reliable indicator of body fatness for most people. It does not measure body fat directly, but research has show that BMI correlates to direct measures of body fat. BMI can be considered an alternative fore direct measures of body fat, and is an inexpensive and easy-to-perform method of screening for weight categories that may lead to health problems.

BMI is used as a screening tool to identify possible weight problems for adults. However, BMI is not a diagnostic tool. For example, a person may have a high BMI. However, to determine if excess weight is a health risk, a healthcare provider would need to perform further assessments. These assessments might include skinfold thickness measurements, evaluations of diet, physical activity, family history, and other appropriate health screenings.

And now you know :)

My morning:
I ate the same thing I have eaten all week

My gym:
I have my internship at 1pm so it is much easier for me to skip the gym and use the Wii fit instead.  I really don't feel comfortable showering anywhere but my home. Even if I'm showering at my mothers, now that I don't live there. I did some hula hoop and some rhythm step and some other things I don't remember because I slacked off on posting daily. and it's now Monday.

My Afternoon:
I had an intake at the internship and the family department was having a sibling s\event.  I asked the head of the family department to save me a slice if possible. so I had one single slice of Pizza. Pizza happens to be good as long as you don't over eat. Most people eat two or more slices. You shouldn't if you eat just one slice.  According to Caloriecount.com a serving of pizza is one slice, and has only 140 calories. and has a B nutrition grade. Think of your school report card, a B is a good Grade.  Just don't over do it.

My evening:
I made the casserole with the beef. I'm just not so ready to substitute things just yet. I did however, use Pragresso's light soup instead of the regular.

Whats for dinner tomorrow?
 Spaghetti and meat balls as given to me by eating well magazine. It's a long recipe so if you want it please message me and I'll scan and email. maybe i can scan and then cut and paste. This is a must make!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment